About Me

I consider myself to be about 87.5% liberal. In my opinion, more government is usually needed to regulate how things operate in a country, but I often disagree with how our government goes about implementing that regulation. I hope that my blog reflects that viewpoint.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Future of Democracy

Democracy is an imperfect system, especially with such a large population as we have here in the United States, but it is the best option that we have right now. I think that democracy is a really good option for the United States and other countries, but two things need to happen. First, our democratic system needs to evolve as our country evolves and changes, not stay outdated just because we are afraid to change what sort of works. Second, we need to work on our own democracy, not try to force our slightly broken system down other country's throats. 

One way that our democracy needs to evolve is to become more compatible with our capitalistic system. Clearly they are not working hand in hand right now as they should be. I'm not exactly clear on what the best way to go about doing this is, but I know that it's something that needs to happen if we want both systems to stay in tact. In my opinion that is democracy's biggest flaw--that the way it works now is not compatible with capitalism.



This post is the same as the one that I used for the discussion on blackboard. I haven't included any sources from the book, or catchy images, because I think that this one is just for my opinion. I can't think of any images or videos that express what I am trying to say here, and people should be able to take the time to read this post with out having an image to draw them in. What do you think needs to change for democracy to be more compatible with capitalism? Please feel free to comment and share your opinions and functions of democracy, I would love to hear them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment